Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
mspaulhus

Default How do I increase the number of characters in field form help text

I am using MS Word 2000 and I am trying to use the F1 Help Key function to
assist end users with completing my form correctly. I would like to know how
to increase the number of characters I can type in the help text field. Any
help would be greatly appreciated?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?bXNwYXVsaHVz?=,

I am using MS Word 2000 and I am trying to use the F1 Help Key function to
assist end users with completing my form correctly. I would like to know how
to increase the number of characters I can type in the help text field.

There is no way to change this setting, I'm afraid. A possibility would be to
remap F1 for this document (or template) to open a UserForm (this requires VBA).
Or, if you don't want to get quite that complicated, use a different keyboard
shortcut that's not so universal/important to show a UserForm.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)