Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Deb

Default MHTML and Linked Stylesheet

I am trying to develop a procedure for publication of policies and procedures
created in Word, saved as MHTML, and published to Sharepoint. I have come
across a slight glitch that I hope can be resolved. It goes like this:

1. I "attach" styles.css, which is in the same directory as the Word
document.
2. I save it as MHTML. I would expect the stylesheet would be encapsulated
with it?
3. I "upload" it to Sharepoint from the Sharepoint document library
interface. All is well. The graphics and stylesheet are rendered.

However, if I then edit the page, with from FrontPage or from Word, the
stylesheet no longer seems to be included, although it still shows up as a
linked file in Tools...Options.

Any clue why this happens? I need the stylesheet to always control the
presentation.

Management is insistent we do this through Word because we have users who
need to maintain these policies and procedures who are not FrontPage savvy.

Thanks for any suggestions.