Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
dave15

Default Merging of cells within a table

We are using a document consisting of tables and cells for outside
typesetting purposes. When the documents come back in (usually 200 pgs. or
more) we do some pagination to the documents ie: merging cells. The document
has 2 columns of cells, 1 column on the left and 1 on the right hand side of
the paper, both are .5 width. somewhere in the middle of the book we can no
longer merge the right hand cells. The formating properties are then carried
over to every page after that disabling us from merging. Cell and table
properties show that the preferred size has also changed. I have tried to
change them with no success. Any ideas?????
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?ZGF2ZTE1?=,

We are using a document consisting of tables and cells for outside
typesetting purposes. When the documents come back in (usually 200 pgs. or
more) we do some pagination to the documents ie: merging cells. The document
has 2 columns of cells, 1 column on the left and 1 on the right hand side of
the paper, both are .5 width. somewhere in the middle of the book we can no
longer merge the right hand cells. The formating properties are then carried
over to every page after that disabling us from merging. Cell and table
properties show that the preferred size has also changed. I have tried to
change them with no success. Any ideas?????

It sounds like the binary table structures in the document are becoming damaged.
If this is one, single table that runs over 200 pages, it's not surprising...

Before doing your "pagination", it might make sense to break the table up into a
number of separate tables (no longer than, say, 10 pages). That might help
stabilize things.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org