atDFN

Default Word 2000 save prompt with no changes

I have a number of Word 2000 files where I get a prompt to save when
closing the file even though the only thing I did was open and print.
I see a couple of posts about this for Word 2002, but found nothing
for Word 2000. Does anyone have an idea where I can look to stop this
behaviour?

Thanks.

ben

Charles Kenyon

Chances are your document has fields which are updated (even if not changed)
when you print. Word marks this as a change. This is true of all versions of
Word that I know about; certainly Word 95-2003.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"atDFN" wrote in message
I have a number of Word 2000 files where I get a prompt to save when
closing the file even though the only thing I did was open and print.
I see a couple of posts about this for Word 2002, but found nothing
for Word 2000. Does anyone have an idea where I can look to stop this
behaviour?

Thanks.

ben

atDFN

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 13:35:38 -0600, "Charles Kenyon"
wrote:

Chances are your document has fields which are updated (even if not changed)
when you print. Word marks this as a change. This is true of all versions of
Word that I know about; certainly Word 95-2003.

Thanks for the information. I realize now that a picture in these
documents was, in fact, an embedded field code. I solved the problem
by converting the picture to a Microsoft Word picture. I inherited
these files at work and hadn't paid much attention before.

ben