novicek

Default Word 2003 not preserving the markup state when saving a document

I edit a document and then set the view to 'Final' so that no markups are
shown and then save, next time the document is opened, it opens with all
markups showing. How can I set the Word to open the document without showing
the markups. I want to email the document to someone else and I do not want
my markups to be visible to the recepient.
Thanks

Your markup *will* be visible to the recipient unless you accept all the
changes in the copy you send. That is the whole reason why Word opens in
this view, so that you don't inadvertently send out a document with markup
in it. If you *really* want to disable this security feature, find the
option on the Security tab of Tools | Options.

"novicek" wrote in message
I edit a document and then set the view to 'Final' so that no markups are
shown and then save, next time the document is opened, it opens with all
markups showing. How can I set the Word to open the document without

showing
the markups. I want to email the document to someone else and I do not

want
my markups to be visible to the recepient.
Thanks

novicek

Thanks for your help.

"novicek" wrote in message
I edit a document and then set the view to 'Final' so that no markups are
shown and then save, next time the document is opened, it opens with all
markups showing. How can I set the Word to open the document without

showing
the markups. I want to email the document to someone else and I do not

want
my markups to be visible to the recepient.
Thanks

Problems migrating Word 97 mailmerge document to Word 2003 [email protected] Mailmerge 2 January 18th 05 07:03 PM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 03:01 AM
VERY IMPORTANT: Erro when saving a Word Document in 2003 Marco Microsoft Word Help 1 December 3rd 04 01:51 PM