Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
kscott93

Default Funny symbol appears when I cut from internet and paste into Word

Hello,

I am currently working on a table in Word using information that I have
copied from an internet site. When I go to paste info into my Word table, a
tiny blue square with a white "L" appears before the text. When I hover over
it, it says "javascript: void(0); ctrl + click to follow link." (Of course
all the links are dead.) These symbols are all in the same column. I really
want to delete these symbols, so that I can have a text only table, but they
won't budge. My question is this: how can I delete all of these symbols at
once? I have dozens of them, and it would be so much easier if I could
delete them all at once. Also I'm using Windows 2000 Professional.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom

The symbols you are seeing represent items such as JavaScript code
that don't display in a printed document. I don't know of a way to
delete them all in one step. However, rather than pasting from the web
site, you can paste as "Unformatted text", via Edit | Paste Special;
that way, the items won't be pasted into Word at all.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"kscott93" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
However, rather than pasting from the
web
site, you can paste as "Unformatted text", via Edit | Paste Special

Clarification:

However, instead of just pasting, you can paste special, as
"Unformatted text" (Edit | Paste Special).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP