Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Momma Nightowl Momma Nightowl is offline

Default Cannot close MSWord 2000

I tried to send document as attachment. No letter form came up. Then I hit
file on msn toolbar and sent original link via regular MSN.Com link.
When I tried to close unused word doc, it said I had an unsent letter still
there. It said to go to new message ( can't find ) finish or close the
message.. what do I do.. I need to close Word!
--
****momma@V@nightowl****
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?TW9tbWEgTmlnaHRvd2w=?=,

I tried to send document as attachment. No letter form came up. Then I hit
file on msn toolbar and sent original link via regular MSN.Com link.
When I tried to close unused word doc, it said I had an unsent letter still
there. It said to go to new message ( can't find ) finish or close the
message.. what do I do.. I need to close Word!

Well, if you're still sitting there, waiting...

Ctrl+Alt+Del should bring up the Windows Task Manager. If you see Word still
listed under "Applications" you should be able to select it there and then
click "End Task".

Otherwise, you need to go the "Processes" tab, select the "Winword.exe" entry,
then click "End Process".

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Momma Nightowl Momma Nightowl is offline

Thank you for the response. Wellll... what happened was a momentary power
failure and the computer blinked off in spite of a UBS on the line ( I think
it was a failure) so the beast shut down and that cured the problem. (could
have been a trogan too)
The Windows did it's routine trunkating a bunch of files as it was booting up.

I ran 3 different spy catchers and Virus Scan and cleaned up a bunch of
junk. Then I did disk clean up. For now things are running smoothly...

Thank you again,
--
****momma@V@nightowl****

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?TW9tbWEgTmlnaHRvd2w=?=,

I tried to send document as attachment. No letter form came up. Then I hit
file on msn toolbar and sent original link via regular MSN.Com link.
When I tried to close unused word doc, it said I had an unsent letter still
there. It said to go to new message ( can't find ) finish or close the
message.. what do I do.. I need to close Word!

Well, if you're still sitting there, waiting...

Ctrl+Alt+Del should bring up the Windows Task Manager. If you see Word still
listed under "Applications" you should be able to select it there and then
click "End Task".

Otherwise, you need to go the "Processes" tab, select the "Winword.exe" entry,
then click "End Process".

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you forced a crash - you'll need to fix the mess left behind. See
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm

From your description, you also need to scan the disc for errors also.

If your computer when equipped with a UPS can trip out, then you need to
consider replacing that UPS with one that works!

Also your spell check doesn't appear to be working

Momma Nightowl wrote:
[...]

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow
question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)