Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Rick Woodhouse - IS Supt, Teck Cominco Rick Woodhouse - IS Supt, Teck Cominco is offline

Default Fix the Office table formating problem

Spent the entire long week re-creating and walking on eggshells trying to
complete a substantial document (65 pages) but Office (Word) kept making a
mess of the tables.

After being nearly complete Friday afternoon and going to print, Word took
over at the 11th hour and move the tables all over the place. I pretty much
had to start from scratch and I had to spend most of the weekend to redo the
document and while doing so saving the document under new names with every
single step so I could back up when the auto reformatting occurred (which it
did on many occassions).

I ended up creating separate documents and pulling them together manually.

After looking on the internet, it appears this has been a long standing and
well known problem.

If so, when will Microsoft fix??? I have a sample document I could supply
and am able to recreate the problem at will.

If there is a better way to report this to Microsoft, let me know.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ic.word.tables
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Do you have the text set to wrap around the tables?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Rick Woodhouse - IS Supt, Teck Cominco" Rick Woodhouse - IS Supt, Teck
wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
SunWorshipper SunWorshipper is offline

I had a similar problem in the last few days. A multipage table was not
printing improperly. So I began breaking it up into smaller tables. Somehow
the page orientation changed from portrait to landscape, perhaps because a
following table was in landscape layout. Eventually I realized that the whole
document changed to landscape. So I changed the setting to portrait. Then a
115 page document turned into 179 pages. MS WORD moved the tables all over,
locating them in different sections, overlaying some tables on other tables,
inserting many tables in unrelated text. even in the middle of a sentence.
Some table columns got so narrow that the text entries got squashed beyond
legibility.
I could not find the resolution to the problem in the KB. Is there some FAQ
somewhere else?
--
SunWorshipper

"Rick Woodhouse - IS Supt, Teck Cominco" wrote:

[...]

Problem pasting landscape table rows [email protected] Page Layout 4 June 30th 06 11:01 AM
Table Problem Dee Tables 1 January 13th 06 04:13 PM
Odd Page Layout Problem with Word 2002 in Office XP Bill Drake Page Layout 4 June 8th 05 10:10 AM
Table headers/footers and layout Keith Page Layout 1 April 8th 05 07:37 PM
How to Avoid Word 2003 Table Style Problems Judy Haynes Tables 0 March 23rd 05 06:41 PM