Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rich0650 Rich0650 is offline

Default no bullets

I was typing a report on a floppy on an older computer at work--all of a
sudden my bullets (many of them on a 9 page doc) disappeared and I couldn't
get them back. A bullet appears on the first typed line only. I copied and
pasted to a new doc on the floppy, then copied and pasted to a new doc on
hard drive--no luck getting bullets back/setting up bullets-still bullets
first line only I emailed doc to my home computer as an attachment, and
tried to set up bulleting--no luck. Please tell me I can fix this so I don't
have to re-type everything!!! I must have pressed a wrong key somewhere--if
I find out which one--I'm tearing it off the keyboard.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline

If you want to be able to use your documents, when working within Word, act
as if your removable media drives do not exist! (This applies to floppy
drives, CDRW/CDR, flash drives or DVDR drives as well as any other kind of
removable media drives.)
Don't use Word to:
Open a document on removable media
Print a document on a removable media
Edit a document on a removable media
Save a document to a removable media (not even a copy)

Word regularly trashes documents on removable media drives!

Instead, work on the document using your hard drive. Copy it back and forth
using Windows.

If all you lost was bullets, you are lucky!
See: http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/bull...olbullets.html,
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Rich0650" wrote in message
I was typing a report on a floppy on an older computer at work--all of a
sudden my bullets (many of them on a 9 page doc) disappeared and I
couldn't
get them back. A bullet appears on the first typed line only. I copied
and
pasted to a new doc on the floppy, then copied and pasted to a new doc on
hard drive--no luck getting bullets back/setting up bullets-still bullets
first line only I emailed doc to my home computer as an attachment, and
tried to set up bulleting--no luck. Please tell me I can fix this so I
don't
have to re-type everything!!! I must have pressed a wrong key
somewhere--if
I find out which one--I'm tearing it off the keyboard.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lois E Power Lois E Power is offline

sometimes if you make a copy of a document and then paste it in paste special
- no formatting - it will erase any formatting symbols or commands and maybe
you can put your own formatting in.