Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kelly Kelly is offline

Default Spell Check suddenly not working.

Suddenly my spell check isn't working as before. I can't add a word to the
dictionary ( greyed out) & it doesn't phyically move down the page of the
document so I can't find where the errors are. I've tried to repair,
reinstall and then completely took out the office program and put it back in.
I even removed the proofing tools program. Nothing changed!!! What to do?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What is the language of the document you are working on? In Tools | Language

"Kelly" wrote in message
Suddenly my spell check isn't working as before. I can't add a word to the
dictionary ( greyed out) & it doesn't phyically move down the page of the
document so I can't find where the errors are. I've tried to repair,
reinstall and then completely took out the office program and put it back

in.
I even removed the proofing tools program. Nothing changed!!! What to do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kelly Kelly is offline

No, that's not it. I just checked again and I've got it set to English
(U.S.) with the box unchecked.