Jason.NesbittBurnsInc

Default Word Files to Adobe Acrobat

Dear All,
I am running Microsoft Word 2000 version 9.0.3821.
My problems comes when converting Word Files into Adobe Acrobat form. I have
numerous text that have hyperlinks to my hard drive, opening files. I would
like to convert this Word file to a PDF and keep its functionailty. I select
"Adobe PDF" from the menu and then "Convert to Adobe PDF". This will convert
my file to a PDF but the problem is that once I convert the file, the links
have gone awry. The first link how has the file path of the second link, the
second link has the file path of the third, etc...only the last link has the
proper file path. If anyone could help, it would be much appreciated. Thank
you.
Amedee Van Gasse

Jason.NesbittBurnsInc shared this with us in
microsoft.public.word.newusers:

Dear All,
I am running Microsoft Word 2000 version 9.0.3821.
My problems comes when converting Word Files into Adobe Acrobat form.
I have numerous text that have hyperlinks to my hard drive, opening
files. I would like to convert this Word file to a PDF and keep its
functionailty. I select "Adobe PDF" from the menu and then "Convert
to Adobe PDF". This will convert my file to a PDF but the problem is
that once I convert the file, the links have gone awry. The first
link how has the file path of the second link, the second link has
the file path of the third, etc...only the last link has the proper
file path. If anyone could help, it would be much appreciated. Thank
you.

I suggest you ask your question in an Adobe Acrobat related newsgroup,
as this is not really a Word-related problem.
Or you can contact Adobe support.

Good luck!
Steve Hayes

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 05:27:14 -0800, ?B?SmFzb24uTmVzYml0dEJ1cm5zSW5j?=
wrote:

Dear All,
I am running Microsoft Word 2000 version 9.0.3821.
My problems comes when converting Word Files into Adobe Acrobat form. I have
numerous text that have hyperlinks to my hard drive, opening files. I would
like to convert this Word file to a PDF and keep its functionailty. I select
"Adobe PDF" from the menu and then "Convert to Adobe PDF". This will convert
my file to a PDF but the problem is that once I convert the file, the links
have gone awry. The first link how has the file path of the second link, the
second link has the file path of the third, etc...only the last link has the
proper file path. If anyone could help, it would be much appreciated. Thank
you.

PDF stands for PORTABLE Document Format.

That means you should be able to read it on ANY hard drive, not just yours.

--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/7734/stevesig.htm
Amedee Van Gasse

Steve Hayes shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:

wrote:

Dear All,
I am running Microsoft Word 2000 version 9.0.3821.
My problems comes when converting Word Files into Adobe Acrobat
form. I have numerous text that have hyperlinks to my hard drive,
opening files. I would like to convert this Word file to a PDF and
keep its functionailty. I select "Adobe PDF" from the menu and then
"Convert to Adobe PDF". This will convert my file to a PDF but the
problem is that once I convert the file, the links have gone awry.
The first link how has the file path of the second link, the second
link has the file path of the third, etc...only the last link has
the proper file path. If anyone could help, it would be much
appreciated. Thank you.

PDF stands for PORTABLE Document Format.

That means you should be able to read it on ANY hard drive, not just
yours.

Uhhh... Steve...
I don't see a problem, as long as he uses relative paths, and he
distributes the other files along with the PDF.
I have done that numerous times myself. In my case I linked to files in
the same directory. When I burned the entire directory on a cd, the
links still worked.

Anyway, the question is really off-topic here. It doesn't concern Word,
it's about Acrobat.
Steve Hayes

wrote:

[...]

True, but if I want to e-mail a Word document to someone else, I quite often
send it as a .pdf file, because then I don't have to worry about whether they
have the same fonts, templates, links etc.
--
Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/7734/stevesig.htm

Amedee Van Gasse

wrote:

Dear All,
I am running Microsoft Word 2000 version 9.0.3821.
My problems comes when converting Word Files into Adobe Acrobat
form.

*snip*

PDF stands for PORTABLE Document Format.

That means you should be able to read it on ANY hard drive, not

just yours.

Uhhh... Steve...
I don't see a problem, as long as he uses relative paths, and he
distributes the other files along with the PDF.
I have done that numerous times myself. In my case I linked to
files in the same directory. When I burned the entire directory on
a cd, the links still worked.

Anyway, the question is really off-topic here. It doesn't concern
Word, it's about Acrobat.

True, but if I want to e-mail a Word document to someone else, I
quite often send it as a .pdf file, because then I don't have to
worry about whether they have the same fonts, templates, links etc.

I suppose you mean
s/but/and

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.16.5.2