Bob S

Default Page down

I have MS Office 2003 and when I press Page Down nothing happens. Can
someone tell me how to fix this?
Thanks.

BobT

Two possiblities:

1. You have your SCROLL LOCK turned on. Check your keyboard (usually
somewhere above the arrow keys) for the button and see if it's turned on
(usually has a light on it).

or

2. You're using the page up and down keys on the number pad, but you have
the num lock button turned on (in which case you'd get the number for that
button instead).

Hope this helps.

Bob Tulk
MOUS (XP/97)

"Bob S" wrote:

I have MS Office 2003 and when I press Page Down nothing happens. Can
someone tell me how to fix this?
Thanks.

Bob S

Thanks Bob. It was neither of these situations. But when I checked other
documents it was not a problem in them. Apparently it is only in this one
document -- likely a corrupted document in some way.

"Bob S" wrote:

I have MS Office 2003 and when I press Page Down nothing happens. Can
someone tell me how to fix this?
Thanks.

Bob S

I checked (under properties) to see if it was hidden or read-only, and it
was not. Is that what you meant?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Or it could be protected.

so
all may benefit.

"Bob S" wrote:

I have MS Office 2003 and when I press Page Down nothing happens. Can
someone tell me how to fix this?
Thanks.

Bob S

I just did a bit more analysis. This file only has one page. That is why
the cursor did not move upon pressing Page-down. I realize that pressing
ctrl-End will take me to the bottom of the page. Is there a way to make the
Page down key do what it normally does except if it is on the last page of
the document, and in that case go to the bottom of the page?

Thanks for the help.

"Bob S" wrote:

I have MS Office 2003 and when I press Page Down nothing happens. Can
someone tell me how to fix this?
Thanks.

Jay Freedman

Hi Bob,

You can assign the PageDown key to this macro. On pages other than the last,
it doesn't move the selection to quite the same location, but it's the best
I could do...

Public Sub MyPageDown()
If Selection.Information(wdActiveEndPageNumber) _
= ActiveDocument.Range.Information( _
wdActiveEndPageNumber) Then
Selection.EndKey unit:=wdStory
Else
Selection.MoveDown unit:=wdScreen, _
Count:=1, Extend:=wdMove
End If
End Sub

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Bob S wrote:
I just did a bit more analysis. This file only has one page. That
is why the cursor did not move upon pressing Page-down. I realize
that pressing ctrl-End will take me to the bottom of the page. Is
there a way to make the Page down key do what it normally does except
if it is on the last page of the document, and in that case go to the
bottom of the page?

Thanks for the help.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Or it could be protected.