Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Microsoft Word 2003 Target location Microsoft Word 2003 Target location is offline

Default Can't change the startup target location

I right-click on the icon for Microsoft Word, go to Properties, the Shortcut
tab but I can't change the Target: location. Can someone tell me why?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm going to take a guess.........are you the administrator of that
computer?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

wrote in message
I right-click on the icon for Microsoft Word, go to Properties, the
Shortcut
tab but I can't change the Target: location. Can someone tell me why?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LYoung LYoung is offline

I'm having this same problem -- the target line in the Office icons (Word,
Access, etc.) is greyed out and I cannot change it. No matter who I'm logged
in as -- system administrator, workstation administrator, the be-all
administrator -- I cannot change those fields. I can't click on Find Target,
or Change Icon either so I'm assuming it's a security/permission thing
somewhere.

Brand New Dell computers running XP Pro SP2, Office 2K, SP3.

Thanks for the help.
Lynda Young
Weimar Hills School