Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Roanoke Roanoke is offline

Default How do I read Word 97 doc in Word 2000?

My son has Microsoft Word 97 on his computer. When I try to open his doc
inWord 2000 on my computer, I can't. Is there a way to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Please explain "I can't". What happens when you try?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Roanoke" wrote in message
My son has Microsoft Word 97 on his computer. When I try to open his doc
inWord 2000 on my computer, I can't. Is there a way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sheila D Sheila D is offline

Not normally any problem with this that I am aware of - Word is normally
backwards compatible, I can open Word v. 6 in Word 2003

Sheila

"Roanoke" wrote:

My son has Microsoft Word 97 on his computer. When I try to open his doc
inWord 2000 on my computer, I can't. Is there a way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Roanoke Roanoke is offline

Well, never mind. I put the disk in my computer again this morning and the
document appeared. A warning said something about it causing a "serious
error" before, and did I still want to open it. So, I said "yes," and
everything's fine. Roanoke

"Roanoke" wrote:

My son has Microsoft Word 97 on his computer. When I try to open his doc
inWord 2000 on my computer, I can't. Is there a way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Hopefully this isn't too late, but *do not* open a Word doc from any sort of
removable media. Copy it to your hard drive & work with that copy. Opening
files on removable media is a sure path to corruption... Especially
floppies.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac