Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AC AC is offline

Default Protected Form With Embedded Excel Sheet

I have created a word form that I designed to be protected. The form has
three embedded excel sheets (which need to be edited), that I've inserted.
After protecting the sheet, I realized that I cannot edit the embedded excel
sheets when the form is protected.

Is there a way that I can protect my document while still allowing the excel
sheets to be edited within the form.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?QUM=?=,

I have created a word form that I designed to be protected. The form has
three embedded excel sheets (which need to be edited), that I've inserted.
After protecting the sheet, I realized that I cannot edit the embedded excel
sheets when the form is protected.

Is there a way that I can protect my document while still allowing the excel
sheets to be edited within the form.

No, it's not possible to do this in a protected area of a form.

Possibly, you could insert section breaks and leave the sections with the Excel
sheets unprotected?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org