Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Georgette Georgette is offline

Default How can I type a Word file and automatically copy to another?

I am typing meeting minutes and would like to be able to automatically copy
sections to other documents. For example, I am typing Johns section of the
report and would like to automatically copy/update his section to a file
designated for him. I do not want to manually copy this each time.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Bookmark the information to be duplicated in another file. Then, in
that other file, click Insert, and then click File. Locate the source
file, and select it. Click the Range button and specify the name of
the bookmark. Click the arrow next to the Insert button, and "Insert
as Link." Word inserts an INCLUDETEXT field, which can be updated by
pressing F9.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP