mike

Default how do I scan my signature an place on a document

I have scaned my signature with a HP scanner. Itransfered and saved it to
word pad. Now I want to use it to place it on different documents and
letters. But I cant seem to get it donr. Does any one know how to do this, in
a way a new user can figure out?
thanks for any help

Anthony Giorgianni

Probably a variety of ways to do this.

I would scan it and save it as a .jpeg. Then I might use the
"Insert/photo/from/file" command to insert it into a document. It will
likely come in in-line with text. So you might want to right click the
inserted signature and mark it "Behind Text" so you can move it around.

Another option would be to save it as a jpeg and then use Ctrl-C to copy it
to your computer clipboard and then paste it into the document using Crtl-V.

One of the best ways: After you save the signature as a jpeg, open it and
copy it using a clipboard stacking program, such as the free Yankee Clipper
(http://www.yankee-clipper.net/). You can then save it as a "boiler plate"
clip and paste it in whenever you like into Word and lots of other programs.

There are other ways to do it too, and you always can make a macro to
automate the process, including converting the imported picture file into
"behind text" layout. But this might be beyond you at this point.

Hope this helps.

--
Regards,
Anthony Giorgianni

The return address for this post is fictitious. Please reply by posting back
to the newsgroup.

"mike" wrote in message
I have scaned my signature with a HP scanner. Itransfered and saved it to
word pad. Now I want to use it to place it on different documents and
letters. But I cant seem to get it donr. Does any one know how to do this,

in
a way a new user can figure out?
thanks for any help

Scan it and save it in a graphics format. Use Insert | Picture | From File
to insert it in your document, then select it and create an AutoText entry
from it. When you need to use your signature, insert the AutoText entry.

"mike" wrote in message
I have scaned my signature with a HP scanner. Itransfered and saved it

word pad. Now I want to use it to place it on different documents and
letters. But I cant seem to get it donr. Does any one know how to do

this,
in
a way a new user can figure out?
thanks for any help

Pat Garard

G'Day Sharon,
See:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoText.htm
about half-way down - creating...
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"sharonwilliams71" wrote in
message ...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Scan it and save it in a graphics format. Use Insert | Picture | From
File
to insert it in your document, then select it and create an AutoText
entry
from it. When you need to use your signature, insert the AutoText entry.

so
all may benefit.

"mike" wrote in message
I have scaned my signature with a HP scanner. Itransfered and saved
it

word pad. Now I want to use it to place it on different documents and
letters. But I cant seem to get it donr. Does any one know how to do

this,
in
a way a new user can figure out?
thanks for any help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ed Morgan[_2_] Ed Morgan[_2_] is offline

The "behind text" was most helpful! I'd blown most of the morning trying to
align two signatures on the same letter. Once again the DG has made my day!
--
Ed Morgan

"mike" wrote in message
I have scaned my signature with a HP scanner. Itransfered and saved it

word pad. Now I want to use it to place it on different documents and
letters. But I cant seem to get it donr. Does any one know how to do

this,
in
a way a new user can figure out?
thanks for any help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

DG? Document Goddess? Way to go, Suzanne!!

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"mike" wrote in message
I have scaned my signature with a HP scanner. Itransfered and saved
it

word pad. Now I want to use it to place it on different documents and
letters. But I cant seem to get it donr. Does any one know how to do

this,
in
a way a new user can figure out?
thanks for any help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I think it was meant to be "discussion group," and note that I'm not the one
who suggested Behind Text, which is especially helpful if you're trying to
set the signature on a line and the graphic doesn't have a transparent
background.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Scan it and save it in a graphics format. Use Insert | Picture | From
File
to insert it in your document, then select it and create an AutoText
entry
from it. When you need to use your signature, insert the AutoText entry.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"mike" wrote in message
I have scaned my signature with a HP scanner. Itransfered and saved
it
word pad. Now I want to use it to place it on different documents
and
letters. But I cant seem to get it donr. Does any one know how to do
this,
in
a way a new user can figure out?
thanks for any help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

You're still the Document Goddess to me tho. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]