Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Pooka Pooka is offline

Default Word should let me sort a comma delimited list

Currently to sort a list of items you need to convert the text to be sorted
to a table, sort the table, then convert the table back to text. It would be
convenient if you could highlight the text and sort it by punctuation - most
frequently commas but also semicolons then sort it.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ic.word.tables

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Pooka Pooka is offline

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You don't have to convert it to a table. You can replace the commas with
paragraph marks, sort, then replace the paragraph marks with commas.

That's still a step into a different format to do the sort and then a step
out - you just chose paragraphs instead of tables. I'm suggesting
eliminating the need to step into a different format and then back out of it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

"Pooka" wrote:
That's still a step into a different format to do the sort and then a step
out - you just chose paragraphs instead of tables. I'm suggesting
eliminating the need to step into a different format and then back out of
it.

Alphabetical comma separated lists are very rarely used. I'm not sure it
makes sense to bloat Word with another new feature just to save a few
seconds on these occasions?
You could always write a macro to do the sorting (or get someone to write it
for you). You would need to use that a lot to make it pay off though.

Klaus