Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
[email protected] JohnC@Raytheon.com is offline

Default Tables: rows not allowed to break over pages.

Here's what I've tried so far:

Table Properties allow rows to break over pages.
File Page Setup Layout Continuous
Format Paragraph only Window/Orphan is checked.

It's the most amazing thing. When I started typing in a table row (Row 1)
near the bottom of a page with lets say two rows (Row 2 and Row 3) under it
(or at the very bottom of the page) and the text is wraping is working just
fine. As I add more text into Row 1, I would expect Rows 2 and 3 to be
pushed over into the next page. Instead Rows 2 and 3 just get pushed out of
sight. There is an original page 2 where these rows should appear, but
instead page 2 remains unchanged.

On page 2 I can insert another table, and try the same things as above and
everything works fine. Frustrating!! Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
JohnC

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Probably the table is "floating". With the cursor anywhere in the
table, go to Table Table Properties, click the None button under
Text Wrapping, and click OK. Now see if the table breaks properly.

It's far too easy to convert the wrapping from None to Around by
grabbing the little square on the northwest corner of the table and
dragging it just a little. In Word 2002 and earlier, floating tables
can't cross page boundaries. That changed in Word 2003.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 17:04:01 -0700,
wrote:

Here's what I've tried so far:

Table Properties allow rows to break over pages.
File Page Setup Layout Continuous
Format Paragraph only Window/Orphan is checked.

It's the most amazing thing. When I started typing in a table row (Row 1)
near the bottom of a page with lets say two rows (Row 2 and Row 3) under it
(or at the very bottom of the page) and the text is wraping is working just
fine. As I add more text into Row 1, I would expect Rows 2 and 3 to be
pushed over into the next page. Instead Rows 2 and 3 just get pushed out of
sight. There is an original page 2 where these rows should appear, but
instead page 2 remains unchanged.

On page 2 I can insert another table, and try the same things as above and
everything works fine. Frustrating!! Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
JohnC

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
[email protected] JohnC@Raytheon.com is offline

Jay Freedman, you 'da man!! Table Table Properties Text Wrapping
'None" fixed the problem beautifully. Thanks, JohnC