Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Oscar Oscar is offline

Default Splitting a Section of a Table

I am creating a project log using a table. For each issue that is being
logged in some instances there are multiple discrete activities that need to
be recolved. I am trying to split each action item into a separate sub row of
the table Without splitting the entire section. For example the table is
headings a
#/Item/Details/Action Required/Owner/Due Date/Status.
I want to be able to have the first three colums apply to the entire section
of the table however the latter four will apply to the Action Required
section. I tried to draw a line (using table tool bar) to split the row
however it wants to split the entire row of the table. Any suggestions.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Oscar Oscar is offline

Thanks Suzanne. I believe this solution will work at the beginning of table
creation. I have already started to write in the log. Is there a way to do
the same thing with text already present?

"Oscar" wrote in message
I am creating a project log using a table. For each issue that is being
logged in some instances there are multiple discrete activities that need

be recolved. I am trying to split each action item into a separate sub row

of
the table Without splitting the entire section. For example the table is
headings a
#/Item/Details/Action Required/Owner/Due Date/Status.
I want to be able to have the first three colums apply to the entire

section
of the table however the latter four will apply to the Action Required
section. I tried to draw a line (using table tool bar) to split the row
however it wants to split the entire row of the table. Any suggestions.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

You can still split the cells, but you'll have to drag the text into the new
cells manually.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Select the specific cell instead, right-click, choose Split Cell, and

select
the number of rows.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.