Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
LawFirmTechie LawFirmTechie is offline

Default Locking/Protecting

How do I lock cells, rows or columns? Just like fields, I'd like to protect
these table properties from user access. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

If you have any version of Word earlier than 2003, you can't -- not
without protecting at least an entire section. Since you can't place
section breaks within a table, you'd have to split the table into
several tables with section breaks in between, which would allow you
to protect one or more entire rows. Basically, forget about it.

In Word 2003 (assuming all other users also have the same version),
you can (a) protect the entire document against editing and then (b)
allow editing of all regions except the specific cells, rows, or
columns.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman