Bill Le May

Default Pictures temporarily disappear

Recently I started having trouble in Word with viewing pictures. My settings
have not changed and I can't think of what I might have installed or updated
to cause this. It acts like a video driver problem but I can't find any
evidence of such. Here's what happens:

Inserted pictures (whether in-line with text or floating) appear fine when
inserted, but if I scroll the image off-screen, it disappears. If I scroll
only half the image offscreen, only the offscreen portion is wiped out. This
happens in Print view.

The way I restore them is to zoom the view in or out with my mouse scroll
button. This immediately restores the images because (I guess) they have to
be re-rendered at the new size. It's as though the offscreen portion of the
scrolled view is being cached somewhere and then not getting retrieved, but
only the pictures get lost.

Big pain in the neck. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bill Le May

Chuck Davis

[...]

.

Are you inserting the image or embedding? Embedding will
require the image to regenerated from it's location.
Bill

"Chuck Davis" wrote...

Are you inserting the image or embedding? Embedding will
require the image to regenerated from it's location.

Simple insert.

garfield-n-odie

Try reducing the hardware acceleration setting in Start | Control Panel