Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
matthew_12345678 matthew_12345678 is offline

Default check box form field disappears

My colleague created file with many check box form fields on it and she sent
that file to all her users via email attachment. I saved the file in my hard
disk. I open it from my hard disk ans start filling the form but when I
clicked on the check boxes, they just disappeared. I unprotected the form,
inserted check boxes in the places where they disappeared, protected the
form, they can work.

I send the file I modified to my colleague and she experienced the same
condition as I did. All the check boxes I created disappeared when she
clicked on them.

What's wrong? Please help. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?bWF0dGhld18xMjM0NTY3OA==?=,

My colleague created file with many check box form fields on it and she sent
that file to all her users via email attachment. I saved the file in my hard
disk. I open it from my hard disk ans start filling the form but when I
clicked on the check boxes, they just disappeared. I unprotected the form,
inserted check boxes in the places where they disappeared, protected the
form, they can work.

I send the file I modified to my colleague and she experienced the same
condition as I did. All the check boxes I created disappeared when she
clicked on them.

I saw this once, a long, long, LONG time ago (7 or 8 years?). And I recall I
was able to reproduce the problem. But I cannot remember WHAT the problem was.
Is Word 97 or 2000 involved?

How many checkboxes?

If your friend creates a document with only a very few checkboxes and sends it
to you, the same way, as a test: Does the problem still occur?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
christine kps christine kps is offline

Matthew:

One of my customers is experiencing the exact problem you described below.
I am unable to find a resolution. Have you uncovered anything? Thank you.

Christine