Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jlawson jlawson is offline

Default Need a easy Macro to highlight form focus

Does anyone know a easy macro to highlight a form's focus? Right now
when you tab through the form fields, the you're on just turns black.
Is there a way for it to highlight in red or yellow or green instead of
black? But not print out with those colors?

Thank you in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi Jlawson,

Does anyone know a easy macro to highlight a form's focus? Right now
when you tab through the form fields, the you're on just turns black.
Is there a way for it to highlight in red or yellow or green instead of
black? But not print out with those colors?

No, there's really no way to change the highlight, short of going into
the WINDOWS display options and changing it for the entire computer.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anthony Hall Anthony Hall is offline

Default Updating fields in complex document

I'd appreciate any advice about the following problem:

I have a large document that is constructed, using INCLUDETEXT fields, from
about 20 files. Each of the included files has cross reference fields to
bookmarks, some of which are in other files. When I put the document
together it all works fine - the cross references update to show the correct
section numbers.

Now I want to add some processing on the whole document. I run a macro that
inserts new bookmarks and PAGEREFs to them.

The problem is that I don't see how to update the newly inserted PAGEREFS.
If I try to update them, either manually or using a macro that just updates
fields of type PAGEREF, the INCLUDETEXT field updates and re-imports the
original file, removing all my newly added bookmarks and PAGEREFs.

I thought I might be able to do it by first unlinking the INCLUDETEXT fields
which, although not ideal, would be acceptable. The problem with that,
though, is that the cross references within the original files are frozen so
they are no longer hyperlinks, just text.

If anyone has any advice I'd be grateful

--
Anthony Hall
22 Hayward Road

+44 (0) 7779255147