Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jokerman jokerman is offline

Default multiple endnotes

This is probably somewhere in the "Help" section, but we can't find it.

When multiple referencing, e.g. - refs. 5678 - How can we replace the center
endnotes with a dash so that it appears as refs. 5-8 in the text? Also, is
there some automatic way of separating endnotes by commas, e.g. - ref.
5,6,7,8.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Joker

jokerman wrote:
This is probably somewhere in the "Help" section,

I wouldn't bet (much) on that one ...

but we can't find it.
When multiple referencing, e.g. - refs. 5678 - How can we replace the center
endnotes with a dash so that it appears as refs. 5-8 in the text?

After the first number, insert an en-dash manually, then format the
middle two numbers as "hidden" (Format | Font)-

Also, is
there some automatic way of separating endnotes by commas, e.g. - ref.
5,6,7,8.

Manually, sure.

Greetinx
Robert