Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DBH DBH is offline

Default Sorting Custom Properties

Hello

Is there any way to sort the custom properties when creating them (ie via
File - Properties - Custom), eg if you add extra properties and want to
re-position them in the list of properties for the user to complete - instead
of them just appearing at the end of the list.

I know they automatically sort when inserting the properties via Insert -
Field - DocProperty.

Thanks in advance ... :0)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

You can sort them while creating them by entering them in alphabetical
order. But once they're in, that's it. Why on earth does it matter?

"DBH" wrote in message
Hello

Is there any way to sort the custom properties when creating them (ie via
File - Properties - Custom), eg if you add extra properties and want to
re-position them in the list of properties for the user to complete -
instead
of them just appearing at the end of the list.

I know they automatically sort when inserting the properties via Insert -
Field - DocProperty.

Thanks in advance ... :0)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DBH DBH is offline

Hi

Thank you for your response - I'm aware of being able to enter in
alphabetical order when creating them , but ...

I am a precedent manager in a legal firm and the lawyers dictate the 'value'
text for the properties.

The Word Processing Operator then fills in the values via File - Properties
- Custom.

When extra properties are added, they appear at the end of the original list
of properties.

The lawyer needs to be able to dictate in logical order, eg if the precedent
originally had one Lessee and later on, an additional Lessee field was added
(eg Lessee 2) - it is not efficient for them to dictate the original Lessee
details then all of the other values and then Lessee 2's details at the end -
this all requires much flicking back and forth through their hard copy file.
So while it is easy enough to just rearrange the order of the properties (so
that they are in a logical sequence) when I type them for the lawyer's
dictation sheet - unfortunately, they are not in the same order for the Word
Processing Operator - so they have to move up and down the properties list,
as required ... hence, my post to this forum.

"DBH" wrote in message
Hello

Is there any way to sort the custom properties when creating them (ie via
File - Properties - Custom), eg if you add extra properties and want to
re-position them in the list of properties for the user to complete -
instead
of them just appearing at the end of the list.

I know they automatically sort when inserting the properties via Insert -
Field - DocProperty.

Thanks in advance ... :0)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Fair enough.
Set up a UserForm with textboxes for the properties, in whatever order you
need them.