Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Rowena Rowena is offline

Default address label sorting by second line

I have 5160 labels, I need to sort by second line without retyping the whole
document.

Example

Rowena Blocker (the list is sorted by last name)
ABC Company (I need to sort by Company Name)
123 Main Street
Hollywood, CA 90027

HELP - there are 540 names in this document!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

There's no easy way to do it. You need to start with a spreadsheet or
database, sort it, then use mail merge. Unless you do that, all of your
sorting must be done manually. Sorry.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Rowena" wrote in message
I have 5160 labels, I need to sort by second line without retyping the
whole
document.

Example

Rowena Blocker (the list is sorted by last name)
ABC Company (I need to sort by Company Name)
123 Main Street
Hollywood, CA 90027

HELP - there are 540 names in this document!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

See "Convert Labels into Mail Merge Data File" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm

--
Hope this helps.