Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ah ah is offline

Default form problem

I've created a human resource form and there is 1 field for them to fill in
their bank Account.

In order to ensure the users enter the correct bank account(16 digit bank
account), I've set in 16 column for the bank account field as the users seem
to miss out some of the digit frequently.

Besides, I also formatted the form so that users cannot ammend my form.
However, I faced the following problem with this:

a) Once my staff receive the filled in form, they need to enter the data
into a system. In order to avoid typo errors, I want them to use the "copy
and paste" approach. ,i.e copy directly from the form and paste it to the
system field.

In this case, as I've 16 columns with 16 text field box, the system does not
allow me to copy the bank account number at 1 go. I need to copy it 1 by 1,
from the 1st column up to the 16th column.

I would appreciate if someone could help me on this. Is there any
alternative solution to solve this?
Please advice.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Instead of 16 fields, use just one with a 'Calculate on exit' macro to check
that it contains precisely 16 digits.

"ah" wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ah ah is offline

can you share the macro coding to me as I'm not good in programming?

Is it possible to have 16 square box as well? By having the square boz,
users will need to know taht they need to key in 16 numbers.

"Jezebel" wrote:

Instead of 16 fields, use just one with a 'Calculate on exit' macro to check
that it contains precisely 16 digits.

"ah" wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ah ah is offline

I found that cross reference might be able to solve this as it can
concatenate the account number key in each column together.

However, I need to click on the F9 button to refresh it every time. And the
other limitation is that I need to unprotect the document in order to get
this done.

Can all this be automate?
For example: if the user enter the following:
Column 1: 2
Column 2: 5
Column 3: 4

I want the form to automatically convert it to 254 in 1 of the field in the
form without refresh and unprotect the document all the time.

Please advice.