Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LPS LPS is offline

Default Inserting One Document in Another

This may be a bit confusing...

I have two Word documents. Both are pretty straight foward. I want to
insert one as an appendix at the end of the other. Neither document has any
special features turned on, e.g.; Track Changes is off, there are no special
codes (that I can see); one is just straight text in tables and the other is
just straight text in paragraph format. At one point in time, the document I
want to insert (the one with the text in tables) has had Track Changes used
on it, but the changes were either accepted or rejected and the feature was
switched off and the document saved.

When I insert this document at the end of my other document, it inserts with
all the tracked changes appearing (all the strike-outs and inserts, etc.).
It also does this if I copy and paste the text.

When I open this documnt on its own, however, it opens normally, with no
tracked changes visible.

Can anyone tell me what is going on? All help is greatly appreciated.
--
LPS
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

It sounds like you may be dealing with corruption in the doc. Try selecting
all but the *last* paragraph mark & copying to a new blank doc. Save it,
then insert it into the other one & see what happens. If all is well you can
trash the original & keep the duplicate you made if necessary. Otherwise,
come back with your results & as much detailas you can provide re Word
version(s) involved, etc.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"LPS" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LPS LPS is offline

Thank you for your suggestion, Bob. Unfortunately, it did not work. I
selected everything but the last paragraph marker, as you suggested, copied
and then pasted into a new document which I then saved. The results were the
same. The copied version showed all tracked changes. I'm tending to agree
with you that this file has been corrupted somehow....

Sorry... I should have put the version in my first post. I am working with
Word 2000 under Windows 2000.
--
LPS

"LPS" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

That should have done it, but here is another option: Save As Web Page
(htm.) or as RTF, then close & reopen the file, Save As a Word doc.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones