Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Brian Brian is offline

Default Table wider than the column width?

I am using WordML (XML rather than binary format) files that have 2 columns
on a page in landscape orientation. Since you can't put a section break
inside a user XML tag, I can't change the number of columns in the middle of
this document. But sometimes I need a Table that is wider than the width of
a column.

Is there some way to mark a Table to be "positioned" relative to the page
rather than inline or relative to the column?

Is there some way to get wider Tables to just run over into and overlap the
next column? (Right now, the Table gets clipped off at the column
boundary.)

Is there some way to make the clipped-off Table such that you can
double-click on it to popup the whole table (without resorting to an
external file)?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated,

Brian

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can set "Text wrapping" for the table (Table | Table Properties,
Table tab) to "Around" and then click the Positioning button; this
gives you the option to place the table relative to page edges or
margins.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Brian" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Brian Brian is offline

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
You can set "Text wrapping" for the table (Table | Table Properties,
Table tab) to "Around" and then click the Positioning button; this
gives you the option to place the table relative to page edges or
margins.

Funny where they've hidden the old "Positioning" functionality! I'd have
never guessed under "Around"... not sure that logic. But that worked
perfect... set positioning relative to margins and allowed overlap and it
happily did exactly what I needed. THANKS!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome.

--