Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
LAMINATOR LAMINATOR is offline

Default stop text moving on carriage return

I am typing a template letter, the (our reference) is typed on a single line.

When the address is added the ref line moves down. How do i fix the ref
line so it doesn't move?

eg.

address 1
address 2
address 3

If further text is typed here, the ref line (below) moves down on carriage
return. How can this be stopped or fixed so it does not move???

Our ref: Your ref:
Date:
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?TEFNSU5BVE9S?=,

Since you posted in a "Tables" newsgroup, you must realize you could try doing
this with a table. Just set the row Heights to "Exact" sizes, then they can't
grow.

Another possibility would be to put the address information into a FRAME (from
the Forms toolbar). But I think the users would be less likely to accidentally
"joggle" the table's position.

I am typing a template letter, the (our reference) is typed on a single line.

When the address is added the ref line moves down. How do i fix the ref
line so it doesn't move?

eg.

address 1
address 2
address 3

If further text is typed here, the ref line (below) moves down on carriage
return. How can this be stopped or fixed so it does not move???

Our ref: Your ref:

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org