Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
smackless smackless is offline

Default How do I change a word document to a PDF?

Need step by step instructions on how to convert a word document into a PDF
and then the the reverse. Do you need a third-party software to perform this
task? If so what is the best one.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Sounds like you need Adobe Acrobat. Visit Adobe's site for more information.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"smackless" wrote in message
Need step by step instructions on how to convert a word document into a
PDF
and then the the reverse. Do you need a third-party software to perform
this
task? If so what is the best one.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You need third party software to convert a document to PDF. It works like a
printer driver to convert the document to a graphical format. Reversing the
process is intentionally difficult. Adobe Acrobat *may* be able to do it,
otherwise you would need OCR software capable of handling PDF or print the
document and scan it to PDF. There are utilities that will convert PDF with
some measure of success, but none will produce an exact copy of the original
document.

smackless wrote:
Need step by step instructions on how to convert a word document into
a PDF and then the the reverse. Do you need a third-party software
to perform this task? If so what is the best one.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] jamesgpeck@gmail.com is offline

smackless wrote:
Need step by step instructions on how to convert a word document into a PDF
and then the the reverse. Do you need a third-party software to perform this
task? If so what is the best one.

Thanks

I have PaperPort. It costs less than Adobe.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

PaperPort does .pdf and back to .doc? Which program does that?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

wrote in message
oups.com...

smackless wrote:
Need step by step instructions on how to convert a word document into a
PDF
and then the the reverse. Do you need a third-party software to perform
this
task? If so what is the best one.

Thanks

I have PaperPort. It costs less than Adobe.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

Hi JoAnn:

Oh! Nice pick-up ... "And reverse" :-)

The LATEST version of Adobe Acrobat will do a bi-directional save as PDF and
back to Word Document. But only if you embed the original Word document
into the PDF.

People need to be aware that the PDF format does not store enough
information to make a Word document. Once you have saved to PDF, the
information it takes to create a Word document has been lost.

Adobe gets around this by allowing you to include a copy of the Word
document inside the PDF.

Cheers

On 7/8/06 12:20 AM, in article ,
"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

PaperPort does .pdf and back to .doc? Which program does that?

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

You need to purchase a third party software, either from Adobe Acrobat itself
or another, I have used JawsPDF in the pass with good results. Now I use
Acrobat, because of the functionality it gives.

To convert back to Word, I use SolidConverter which gives reasonable
results, so long as you are not after Word perfect document, but it is good
enough to be able to extract the text/images.

Best of luck
DeanH

"smackless" wrote:

Need step by step instructions on how to convert a word document into a PDF
and then the the reverse. Do you need a third-party software to perform this
task? If so what is the best one.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I use Acrobat but I also have ScanSoft's PDF Converter. It's not too bad.
Not perfect but I don't think I've ever seen any sort of conversion program
that is perfect. The nice thing about that program is that it's not
expensive. Less than $50 I think.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
How to reformat a complete document. wanda Microsoft Word Help 16 February 11th 06 11:43 PM