Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
projects projects is offline

Default File conversion error

When I try to open an MS-OFFICE document file it is saying the
following message:

MSword needs a converter to display files correctly. The feature is not
currently installed. Would you like to install now?.

If NO option is clicked it is displaying data error contents is
displayed like this

DATA Error [47 0F 94 93 F4 K5].
Could u help me to fix the problem as many importnat files need to
be recovered

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Your computer is infected with the Kama Sutra worm (also known as
CME-24, Win32.Blackmal.F [Computer Associates],
Email-Worm.Win32.Nyxem.e [F-Secure], Email-Worm.Win32.Nyxem.e
[Kaspersky], W32/MyWife.d@MM [McAfee], W32/MyWife.d@MM!M24
[McAfee], Win32/Mywife.E@mm [Microsoft], W32/Small.KI@mm
[Norman], Tearec.A [Panda Software], W32/Nyxem-D [Sophos],
WORM_GREW.{A, B} [Trend Micro]).

Use an antivirus program to remove the worm from your computer,
and then restore the damaged files from a recent backup.

projects wrote:

When I try to open an MS-OFFICE document file it is saying the
following message:

MSword needs a converter to display files correctly. The feature is not
currently installed. Would you like to install now?.

If NO option is clicked it is displaying data error contents is
displayed like this

DATA Error [47 0F 94 93 F4 K5].
Could u help me to fix the problem as many importnat files need to
be recovered

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If Word cannot recognize the file type or the correct filter for that
document type is not installed it asks for a converter - hence the message.
If these are Word documents, it appears they are corrupt ( don't tell me you
saved them to floppy?). You *may* be able to open them with the open and
repair option from the file open dialog. If they are not Word documents,
allow Word to install the filter - if you have it.