Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rml rml is offline

Default Macro Security Setting

I have a word doc that uses a macro for a dropdown list. I used this as a
work around to the restriction of 25 entries on a normal dropdown list. My
question is, for people to use this doc, they have to have the macro security
setting at low. I'm going to be distributing this doc and want to make it a
user friendly as possible. How can I get around the security issue?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Sign your VBA project: either buy a certificate or set up a corporate
certificate. Either way, your users have to accept the certificate once.

It would be irresponsible (to say the least!) to encourage your users to set
their security to low.

"rml" wrote in message
I have a word doc that uses a macro for a dropdown list. I used this as a
work around to the restriction of 25 entries on a normal dropdown list.
My
question is, for people to use this doc, they have to have the macro
security
setting at low. I'm going to be distributing this doc and want to make it
user friendly as possible. How can I get around the security issue?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rml rml is offline

Thanks for your help. Question. signing the vba project with cert. would be
fine for inhouse but how do I handle the doc to the general public?

Thanks again.

"rml" wrote in message
I have a word doc that uses a macro for a dropdown list. I used this as a
work around to the restriction of 25 entries on a normal dropdown list.
My
question is, for people to use this doc, they have to have the macro
security
setting at low. I'm going to be distributing this doc and want to make it
user friendly as possible. How can I get around the security issue?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline

If instead of a document you distribute a template it can work.
Security settings should never be set to low and do not need to be.

If your template is put in the user templates folder or the workgrou
tempates folder (or one of their subfolders) and the security option to
trust installed templates and addins is checked, your macros will run fine
in documents created from your template.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"rml" wrote in message
I have a word doc that uses a macro for a dropdown list. I used this as a
work around to the restriction of 25 entries on a normal dropdown list.
My
question is, for people to use this doc, they have to have the macro
security
setting at low. I'm going to be distributing this doc and want to make it
user friendly as possible. How can I get around the security issue?

Thanks.

About Macro Security Parag Vidhate Microsoft Word Help 10 June 23rd 06 01:04 PM
setting the width for a picture in a macro Darin Palacky Microsoft Word Help 2 February 23rd 06 06:28 AM
Macro Security Dan Mailmerge 5 January 5th 06 10:37 AM
Word has stopped access to the Endnote 6.0 with macro security Tired and cranky student Microsoft Word Help 1 April 27th 05 01:05 AM
Save As is not working due to macro security settings Craig Meritz Microsoft Word Help 1 December 16th 04 03:53 AM