Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
ali ali is offline

Default FormField in a fixedsize table cell - how to avoid invisible conte

I have a table in a word(2000) formular (all cells fixed, Layout is static)
with a FormField which is filled via OleAutomation; the text that is filled
in may be larger than the cell Rect (may contain wrapped lines and LineFeeds)
which results in invisible text.
So after writing the FormField-Text I want to find out whether there is
invisible Text, truncate those invisible Lines +1 from the FormField-Text and
add a "(continued on next page)"-Line; the truncated part of the original
Text has to be written in another FormField on the second Page.
Any Solutions ??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?YWxp?=,

I have a table in a word(2000) formular (all cells fixed, Layout is static)
with a FormField which is filled via OleAutomation; the text that is filled
in may be larger than the cell Rect (may contain wrapped lines and LineFeeds)
which results in invisible text.
So after writing the FormField-Text I want to find out whether there is
invisible Text, truncate those invisible Lines +1 from the FormField-Text and
add a "(continued on next page)"-Line; the truncated part of the original
Text has to be written in another FormField on the second Page.

As far as I know - and I've tried numerous times to find a way - figuring out
what's visible vs. not can't be done. Closest you could get is to calculate
exactly how many lines are visible, then count the lines in the form field and
remove the extras.

Since this has to be done using macro code, I suggest you post in one of the
Word.vba newsgroups.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

caption in a table cell janh Tables 8 April 11th 06 06:40 PM
Cell borders in a Table do not display on the monitor screen Bo_Jack Tables 1 March 5th 06 11:49 PM
How can I put a tab inside a table cell? Peyton Todd Tables 2 December 18th 05 01:32 AM
Copy text from word document to cell of a table [email protected] Tables 1 October 3rd 05 04:19 AM
Table cell alignments Kevin Microsoft Word Help 5 January 18th 05 12:41 AM