Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Talos4 Talos4 is offline

Default Two Headers?

Is it possible to insert two headers on the same page?

I want to insert graphics into two headers only on page 1.

Footers and page 2 headers I have no problems with.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm not sure I understand. Why can't you insert two graphics into a single
header.

"Talos4" wrote in message
Is it possible to insert two headers on the same page?

I want to insert graphics into two headers only on page 1.

Footers and page 2 headers I have no problems with.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline

Sorry, but you question does not make sense to me. You can certainly have
multiple items in a header, including multiple graphic items.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Talos4" wrote in message
Is it possible to insert two headers on the same page?

I want to insert graphics into two headers only on page 1.

Footers and page 2 headers I have no problems with.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Talos4 Talos4 is offline

OK, to try and clarify, I do have two graphics I need to insert. My probelm
is that the graphics need to aligned differently.

I need one to be along the top edge of the page and to stretch 2/3 of the
way across the page to the left,

and the other to be aligned along the right margin extending about 1/2 the
page below the first.

That's why I was thinking of two headers. Maybe I'm not understanding how
to use the headers.

Maybe if someone could point me in the direction of a "how to" for headers
it might be easier.

Thanks and sorry for the muddled question.

"Talos4" wrote in message
Is it possible to insert two headers on the same page?

I want to insert graphics into two headers only on page 1.

Footers and page 2 headers I have no problems with.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

With the header view open, insert your graphics in any other layout mode
other than in line then drag them wherever you want on the page. Close the
header view.

"Talos4" wrote in message
Is it possible to insert two headers on the same page?

I want to insert graphics into two headers only on page 1.

Footers and page 2 headers I have no problems with.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Talos4 Talos4 is offline

So in otherwords, the Header box is more like a guideline and not the only
area you can work with.

Ok, I can work with that.

"Talos4" wrote in message
Is it possible to insert two headers on the same page?

I want to insert graphics into two headers only on page 1.

Footers and page 2 headers I have no problems with.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline

Correct. Your graphics can be positioned anywhere on the page. If they are
set to wrap text around them text in the document body will wrap around
them. If they are set to be in front of or behind text, they will appear
behind text in the body.