Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
BCBC BCBC is offline

Default REF & StyleRef - Error! No text of specified style in document.

I am trying to make a region in a table mimic what is typed into another part
of the form. I tried both REF and StyleRef and came up with the error message
you see in the subject line above. Does anyone know why this is happening and
how to fix it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

This error would occur only with a StyleRef field, which references a given
style. If the text you're referencing isn't in the named style, then it will
fail. See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm. To use a REF
field for this purpose, you must first bookmark the text and then reference
the bookmark.