Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brendan Brendan is offline

Default How do you add a "tab" to the templates directory

Is there a way to add a tab to the templates directory. I have about 15
custom templates and would like to deploy them to everyones "Word" via our
network. Deploying is not the issues, it is creating the extra tab. Also,
is this format kept in the normal.dot template or somewhere else?

I was told I could simply add a directory via Window's Exploere and that it
would just show up. That did not work.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What version of Word are you using, and are you sure you added the folder to
the correct directory? Check Tools - Options - File Locations - User
Templates... for the correct folder into which you would create new folders
that would give you additional tabs.

If this is Word 2003, this should work. Just retested here to verify.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Brendan" wrote in message
Is there a way to add a tab to the templates directory. I have about 15
custom templates and would like to deploy them to everyones "Word" via our
network. Deploying is not the issues, it is creating the extra tab.
Also,
is this format kept in the normal.dot template or somewhere else?

I was told I could simply add a directory via Window's Exploere and that
it
would just show up. That did not work.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

One proviso - the folder must contain templates before it becomes available.
http://www.gmayor.com/Template_Locations.htm

Herb Tyson [MVP] wrote:
What version of Word are you using, and are you sure you added the
folder to the correct directory? Check Tools - Options - File
Locations - User Templates... for the correct folder into which you
would create new folders that would give you additional tabs.

If this is Word 2003, this should work. Just retested here to verify.

Is there a way to add a tab to the templates directory. I have
about 15 custom templates and would like to deploy them to everyones
"Word" via our network. Deploying is not the issues, it is creating
the extra tab. Also,
is this format kept in the normal.dot template or somewhere else?

I was told I could simply add a directory via Window's Exploere and
that it
would just show up. That did not work.

Sharing templates on the network [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 1 May 20th 06 12:56 AM
Normal.dot Issue PA New Users 7 August 7th 05 04:40 PM
Get 'Workgroup Templates' to show up in 'New Document' Task Pane? Brian In Phoenix Microsoft Word Help 3 July 15th 05 04:01 AM
label templates directory Margot Mailmerge 3 December 13th 04 08:38 AM
Templates in too many languages. Only need English. capt_dalton Microsoft Word Help 0 December 2nd 04 10:29 PM