Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Julie Julie is offline

Default New Autotext

Hello - when I go to click on INSERT\AUTOTEXT\NEW the NEW is not available to
click on. Same thing when I try to do this in an email with word email
editor on. I would greatly appreciate any tips on how to get this available.

Thank you
Julie~
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Try highlighting the text you want for your new autotext and then click on
Insert | Autotext.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Julie" wrote:

Hello - when I go to click on INSERT\AUTOTEXT\NEW the NEW is not available to
click on. Same thing when I try to do this in an email with word email
editor on. I would greatly appreciate any tips on how to get this available.

Thank you
Julie~

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Julie Julie is offline

Thank you Carol - that worked. I have now run into a new gliche when I type
in my autotext abbrieviation example "abc" it doesn't put that autotext in
but if I go into Insert\Autotext\ and select "abc" and then click on insert
it will...

"Julie" wrote:

Hello - when I go to click on INSERT\AUTOTEXT\NEW the NEW is not available to
click on. Same thing when I try to do this in an email with word email
editor on. I would greatly appreciate any tips on how to get this available.

Thank you
Julie~

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In order to get an AutoComplete tip, you must give the AutoText entry a name
that is at least four characters long and unique. Note also that a shortcut
for creating a new AutoText entry (in the currently selected template) is
Alt+F3 (with text selected).

"Julie" wrote:

Hello - when I go to click on INSERT\AUTOTEXT\NEW the NEW is not

available to
click on. Same thing when I try to do this in an email with word email
editor on. I would greatly appreciate any tips on how to get this

available.

Thank you
Julie~

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Julie Julie is offline

Thank you Suzanne - I was able to get "NEW" available, however when I got to
enter my autotext i.e. abcd and hit enter it doesn't put the text in...

"Julie" wrote:

Hello - when I go to click on INSERT\AUTOTEXT\NEW the NEW is not

available to
click on. Same thing when I try to do this in an email with word email
editor on. I would greatly appreciate any tips on how to get this

available.

Thank you
Julie~

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You must have AutoComplete enabled, and you must wait to see the
AutoComplete tip before pressing Enter. If for some reason this doesn't
work, you can still type abcd and press F3.

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In order to get an AutoComplete tip, you must give the AutoText entry a

name
that is at least four characters long and unique. Note also that a

shortcut
for creating a new AutoText entry (in the currently selected template)

is
Alt+F3 (with text selected).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.