Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] runcyclexcski@yahoo.com is offline

Default supressing a useless baloon message when hovering over an inserted text

Whith "track changes" on, when I unintentionally hover the mouse over a
piece of inserted text (which happens a lot while editing this piece of
text), Word shows a redundant message of this kind "Last Name, First
Name, inserted: the same text". If the piece of text is very long it
covers half of the page and is very distracting (and, as I mentioned,
redundant and useless). Is there anyway way to supress this feature?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

But, of course, clearing the option hides *all* ScreenTips, including
those for footnotes and endnotes, which undoubtedly can be useful.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
On the View tab of Tools | Options, clear the check box for

ScreenTips.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Whith "track changes" on, when I unintentionally hover the mouse

over a
piece of inserted text (which happens a lot while editing this

piece of
text), Word shows a redundant message of this kind "Last Name,

First
Name, inserted: the same text". If the piece of text is very long

it
covers half of the page and is very distracting (and, as I

mentioned,
redundant and useless). Is there anyway way to supress this

feature?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
On the View tab of Tools | Options, clear the check box for ScreenTips.

Thank you, Suzanne! I think I will do fine w/o screen tips.