Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bhavesh bhavesh is offline

Default Microsoft WOrd Help

1. Before, when I pressed CTRL + 1 on word, it would single space the
document. However, lately, when I press that, it does nothing. How do I fix
that?

2. Is there a way to save a Word document as a editable form. For example.
If I have a Word document that has the text "Name: __________________," then
is there a way to save it so that I may type a name onto the line like a
typewriter. Right now, if I want to do that, I have to press the insert
button, make sure the font is right, then turn on underline, and then type it
in.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?YmhhdmVzaA==?=,

1. Before, when I pressed CTRL + 1 on word, it would single space the
document. However, lately, when I press that, it does nothing. How do I fix
that?

Tools/Customize/Keyboard. Click in the "new shortcut" box and press Ctrl+F1.
Does anything appear as current key assignment, or is it [unassigned]?

You can reassign it by selecting the "All commands" category on the left, then
locating the entry "SpacePara1" in the list on the right. Click again in the
"new shortcut" box, press the key combination, then click "Assign".

2. Is there a way to save a Word document as a editable form. For example.
If I have a Word document that has the text "Name: __________________," then
is there a way to save it so that I may type a name onto the line like a
typewriter. Right now, if I want to do that, I have to press the insert
button, make sure the font is right, then turn on underline, and then type it
in.

Word has a "Forms" toolbar that will let you insert form fields. But this will
mean protecting the document as a form. There's tutorial information on forms at
word.mvps.org

Using Forms has certain restrictions. It might be enough for you to use a table,
with an underline at the bottom of the table cell?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)