Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cbr900rrderrick cbr900rrderrick is offline

Default Remove "Template Help" dialog.

I am using Word 2003. I have a document that when it opens - displays a
"Template Help" window on the right. Does anyone know how to get rid of this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Mary is offline

Change the file extension of the document to DOC. Sounds like it has a DOT
for template extension.

"cbr900rrderrick" wrote:

I am using Word 2003. I have a document that when it opens - displays a
"Template Help" window on the right. Does anyone know how to get rid of this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Changing the file extension will not make a template into a document (Word
will still know), and many versions of Word don't allow you to save a
template as a document. A better approach is to create a new document based
on the template instead of opening the template directly (which is how
templates are meant to be used. But very likely the document will still show
the Template Help if this is part of the template.