Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lori Lori is offline

Default Footer printing almost 3" from bottom, but margin set at .5

Word 2003.
When looking at the screen with Print layout and "Preview" the document
looks good. The footer looks like it is about 1/2" from the bottom of the
page. But when I print it out the footer is about 3" from the bottom of the
page.

I've tried the "Help" Assistance, so I've already verified I do not have
Draft output checked, or Draft font. I also tried printing with "Scale to
paper size:" - Letter. None of these options worked.

My Margins are set: Top & Bottom 0.5" Left & Right 0.75"
From Edge: Header & Footer: 0.5"

I am using a customized Outline Numbered (Bullets and Numbering).

--
Thank you,
Lori
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lori Lori is offline

I looked today on the Discussion Group posting and found another answer to a
similar problem. That answer was about tracking changes. I do not have
track changes on.
I appreciate any help you can give.

THANK YOU!!!
--

Lori

"Lori" wrote:

Word 2003.
When looking at the screen with Print layout and "Preview" the document
looks good. The footer looks like it is about 1/2" from the bottom of the
page. But when I print it out the footer is about 3" from the bottom of the
page.

I've tried the "Help" Assistance, so I've already verified I do not have
Draft output checked, or Draft font. I also tried printing with "Scale to
paper size:" - Letter. None of these options worked.

My Margins are set: Top & Bottom 0.5" Left & Right 0.75"
From Edge: Header & Footer: 0.5"

I am using a customized Outline Numbered (Bullets and Numbering).

--
Thank you,
Lori

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lori Lori is offline

Although I didn't put on "Track Changes", I followed the directions on the
following link and was able to print out the document (well at least one
page) with the correct margins.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319181/en-us
--
Thank you,
Lori

"Lori" wrote:

Word 2003.
When looking at the screen with Print layout and "Preview" the document
looks good. The footer looks like it is about 1/2" from the bottom of the
page. But when I print it out the footer is about 3" from the bottom of the
page.

I've tried the "Help" Assistance, so I've already verified I do not have
Draft output checked, or Draft font. I also tried printing with "Scale to
paper size:" - Letter. None of these options worked.

My Margins are set: Top & Bottom 0.5" Left & Right 0.75"
From Edge: Header & Footer: 0.5"

I am using a customized Outline Numbered (Bullets and Numbering).

--
Thank you,
Lori

Unwanted large (bottom) margin when printing booklet Eljay Microsoft Word Help 4 August 9th 06 04:48 AM
Columns won't go all the way to the bottom page margin? John - Melbourne, Australia Microsoft Word Help 2 July 14th 06 05:38 AM
Footer Printing Problems Ron New Users 1 March 12th 05 08:33 PM
Footer is printing out crazy TNMAN Formatting Long Documents 1 February 13th 05 10:08 PM
Set different right margin at bottom part of first page in templa Mike Norris Page Layout 4 December 10th 04 09:31 PM