stumpy

Default Troubles after I Downloaded XP service pack 3

I downloaded the updates to my office (I have Office Professional Edition)
and now when I try and open documents in Word they won't open. It also says
the template Normal is not working. I thought the updates were supposed to
make the system work more smoothly, but now it doesn't work at all!
stumpy
Word Heretic

G'day stumpy ,

Try renaming normal to AbNormal and see what happens.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

stumpy reckoned:

I downloaded the updates to my office (I have Office Professional Edition)
and now when I try and open documents in Word they won't open. It also says
the template Normal is not working. I thought the updates were supposed to
make the system work more smoothly, but now it doesn't work at all!
stumpy

knowngapeach

Hello Stumpy

Did you update your virus program? I have Norton on mine and there was a
office add-in I added. You may need to search for the file named officeav.dll
in all files including hidden and system files. When it finds the file close
all applications. Go to start run and type in the following include the
quotation marks.

Regsvr32 -U "C:\path\OfficeAV.dll"

path needs to be replaced with the path that search for found. By that I
mean my file was located here C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton
AntiVirus. Hit OK.

Read the following for a better understanding.

Disable the Office Plugin that comes with Symantec/Norton
AntiVirus. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How to use
Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in" for more info. I
hope this helps you, because it did for me.