Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chrissyd chrissyd is offline

Default Cursor/vertical bar size

Hi, can anyone tell me why, for no obvious reason, the veritical, flashing
bar that indicates the where you are in the document becomes half its size?
I've tried rebooting, but the full size line doesn't return - then, just, as
mysteriously, it comes back full size. There's no particular document this
happens it - any seem vulnerable to it. Any suggestions for how I can fix it?
Thanks, chrissyd.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

This is one of Word's little mysteries. Switching the zoom to 500% and back
again seems to cure it.

FWIW, my experience suggests some sort of document corruption as once it
happens in a document it seems to always be a 'feature' of that document but
switching the zoom always (temporarily) restores the correct size.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"chrissyd" wrote in message
Hi, can anyone tell me why, for no obvious reason, the veritical, flashing
bar that indicates the where you are in the document becomes half its

size?
I've tried rebooting, but the full size line doesn't return - then, just,

as
mysteriously, it comes back full size. There's no particular document this
happens it - any seem vulnerable to it. Any suggestions for how I can fix

it?
Thanks, chrissyd.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chrissyd chrissyd is offline

Thanks, Tony - I went back to a doc to try your suggestion, but the bar had
returned to full size by itself. Ghost in the machine....

"chrissyd" wrote in message
Hi, can anyone tell me why, for no obvious reason, the veritical, flashing
bar that indicates the where you are in the document becomes half its

size?
I've tried rebooting, but the full size line doesn't return - then, just,

as
mysteriously, it comes back full size. There's no particular document this
happens it - any seem vulnerable to it. Any suggestions for how I can fix

it?
Thanks, chrissyd.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stac83 stac83 is offline

Amazing - that actually worked! I zoomed in to 500% and then back to 100%,
and it was fixed. Thanks so much - it was driving me crazy :-)