Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Maxine Maxine is offline

Default Unable to delete comments

Hi,
I have a word doc which has had comments added by 2 different users. I
cannot use the standard Delete Comment button to remove the comments of 1 of
the users.
Does anyone have any ideas what is happening here? I think it is written in
Word 2000.

many thanks
--
mdd
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Turn on Track Changes and accept all changes.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Maxine" wrote:

Hi,
I have a word doc which has had comments added by 2 different users. I
cannot use the standard Delete Comment button to remove the comments of 1 of
the users.
Does anyone have any ideas what is happening here? I think it is written in
Word 2000.

many thanks
--
mdd

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Is it possible that that user protected the document for tracked changes? If
you're using Word 2002/2003, does the Delete All Comments in Document
command (on the Reject Change/Delete Comment menu on the Reviewing toolbar)
not affect these comments?

"Maxine" wrote in message
Hi,
I have a word doc which has had comments added by 2 different users. I
cannot use the standard Delete Comment button to remove the comments of 1

of
the users.
Does anyone have any ideas what is happening here? I think it is written

in
Word 2000.

many thanks
--
mdd

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lkthompson lkthompson is offline

I found this advice useful to get rid of all tracked changes and comments.
Create a new macro with this code:

Sub TC()
Dim oRev As Revision
Dim oCom As Comment
Dim i As Long
For Each oRev In ActiveDocument.Revisions
oRev.Accept
Next oRev
For i = ActiveDocument.Comments.Count To 1 Step -1
ActiveDocument.Comments(i).Delete
Next i

End Sub

After running the macro, you need to Accept All Changes in Document, which
will automatically get rid of any remaining comments you might see.