Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Gordon Barker Gordon Barker is offline

Default Table of contents - incorrect page numbers when printing

Word 2002, XP

I have a document of ~150 pages. The table of contents runs over 2 pages.
When printing the second page gives all the page numbers as 62 (page number
of first item on 2nd page of TOC). These page number changes also appear
within the main document after the print. This has also happened with several
other documents where the TOC covers more than one page. I would like to know
how I can get the TOC to print page numbers correctly

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

If all else fails (that is, if updating the TOC just before printing doesn't
help), try reversing the print order (Tools | Options | Print). This will
force Word to repaginate the entire document before it gets to the TOC.