Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kundera Kundera is offline

Default how can I prevent duplicate email addressess in a .doc file

The subscribers to the company newsletter are pasted in a word .doc like this
; ; etc.
How i can check this list for duplicates?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Put them in a single column (replace ;space with ^p) then use the sort
function to put them in alphabetical order, then do a replace of
(*^13)@
with
\1
with the wildcard flag set.
Finally replace ^p with ;space

Kundera wrote:
The subscribers to the company newsletter are pasted in a word .doc
like this ; ; etc.
How i can check this list for duplicates?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kundera Kundera is offline

Thanks, but the list is much too long to do that.
I was hoping it could be done much more efficiently.

Kundera wrote:
The subscribers to the company newsletter are pasted in a word .doc
like this ; ; etc.
How i can check this list for duplicates?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Much too long? If the list is as you described it then it doesn't matter how
long it is, up to the limits of Word, replace will do the job in three
simple steps - and if the list is that long then you are obviously in the
spam business and not deserving of help.

Kundera wrote:
The subscribers to the company newsletter are pasted in a word .doc
like this ; ; etc.
How i can check this list for duplicates?

Thanks

How can I save a .doc file as a .bmp, pdf or jpg file? Frustrated Microsoft Word Help 4 April 2nd 06 06:53 AM
How to creat relative and shorthand file path names? 2dogs Microsoft Word Help 1 May 15th 05 12:11 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
How can I convert an AppleWorks .cwk file to an MS Word .doc file. Padragine Microsoft Word Help 2 March 14th 05 02:21 AM
How to attach a PDF file to a Mail Merge Email from Word? RPMissions Mailmerge 1 January 16th 05 07:06 AM