Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Evan Evan is offline

Default Top Left Cell is always a different colour???

Hi,

I have been working with a Word document for a week or so. There are many
tables in the document where the top row of the table is formatted in color.
All of a sudden, the top left cell of the first table on each page is
printing a different color than the rest of the row. It is printing slighly
darker. I have tried clearing the color and starting again, but this does
not fix the problem. Even when I open a new document and replicate the
table, the same error occurs. Even if I change the color of the row, the top
left cell still prints slightly darker than the rest of the row.

I downloaded the latest Office 2003 service pack from Microsoft Update, but
my computer said I already had the update. Hence, this didn't solve the
problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Evan Evan is offline

Jezebel,

Could you explain what is meant by default table style and where I can find
it?

Further, the problem only occurs when printing from selected computers.
Some computers print the document fine.

Evan

"Evan" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Table styles are a type of style (along with Paragraph and Character). They
are normally listed in the Styles pane along with all the other styles,
depending on what you have selected in the Show drop down at the bottom of
the Styles pane. The style applied to your table is also shown in the Style
field on the Formatting toolbar when you select the table, unless you have
applied a paragraph style other than normal to every cell in the table (in
which case you'll see the paragraph style, although the table style still
applies also).

If you select a table style from the list in the Style pane, its context
menu offers 'Set as default table style' as an option.

As you'll see if you display the Modify dialog for a table style, you can
set properties for some or all rows and columns, and for some specific cells
including top left. It may be that you have inadvertently defined the style
to include a light shading for the top-left cell; sufficiently light that
some printers ignore it entirely.