Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Paola Paola is offline

Default Table of content not updated automatically

If I open a Word 2000 document with Word 2003, the table of content is not
updated automatically.
I have Office2003 SP2
Any suggestion?
Thank you for you help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/PageNumber0.htm.

To update a table of contents manually, place the cursor inside it and
press F9. To have the TOC update on print, choose the "Update fields"
option in Tools | Options, Print tab.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Paola" wrote in message
If I open a Word 2000 document with Word 2003, the table of content
is not
updated automatically.
I have Office2003 SP2
Any suggestion?
Thank you for you help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

How does the TOC look when you open the document? Are all page numbers
the same, or what is the problem?

Note that tables of contents, like most fields, update
semi-automatically rather than automatically. See the following KB
articles for more information:

Some fields are updated while other fields are not
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/212054/en-us

Which fields are updated when you open, repaginate, or print document
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211629/en-us

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP